Horizontal Lives

True Tales of the Infamous Courtesan: Persephone N. Hades and her Horizontal Life underground. How she got there, her mis-adventures and her struggle to re-surface.

Thursday, May 19, 2005

By the Way...

Remember that woman from the phone messages who scheduled an appointment with me for she and her boyfriend as a birthday gift to him?
(See 'Dull Routine' Blog below)
I set the time aside, turned away other appointments and she never called to cancel.

On the same day, the other client, also in the phone calls listed, booked a time earlier the same day.
I called him to confirm.
"Oh. I was just about to call you. Something came up. Have to go on the road."

No offer of a cancelation fee or any concern of the inconvienience he had caused.

I looked in my Blacklist file and hit my head against the wall many times as hard as I could to try and teach myself a lesson.
There he was in the file.
He calls once a year. All his references at work check out. And once a year he books with me and cancels at the last minute.

UGH!
And what a puky thing to do.
(Also no offer of a cancelation fee for the problems he caused due to 'his emergency'.)

But how stupid am I not to look him up in my Blacklist.

Fortunately, at the last minute, I was able to re-book the time.

My therapist, similar to my situation, sees people and deals with the pain of last minute 'no-shows'.
Sadly and selfishly, hearing this made me feel a bit better as I no longer took it personally.

But,
Question:
How do people not feel bad, or accountable for the wasting of the valuable Time of others?

This is something, despite eleven years of therapy, I have never come to understand.
I have come to let it go.
I have come to not take it personally.
I have come to release them like broken birds to their own recompense.
But still cannot seem to grasp it.

Referendum:
Do you think, in this Era of Parenting Government, we should make a Law punishing this Irresponsible Behavior?
I think I should suggest it to my Right-Wing, Conservative Government Representative.
It may give him an erection.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home