Horizontal Lives

True Tales of the Infamous Courtesan: Persephone N. Hades and her Horizontal Life underground. How she got there, her mis-adventures and her struggle to re-surface.

Saturday, April 02, 2005

Luciano's St.Bart's

The Mysterious Identity of Luciano unraveled.

I have never met Luciano face-to-face, but we have emailed over time regarding photos for my website.

After years on the stage speaking the tumultuous words and emotions of the World’s greatest playwrights, I went to L.A.
While there, I was dained to utter a few of the World’s most mundane and soulless phrases in a few movies.
Because Film is permanent and Stage is temporal, Destiny has ordained that I am to be recognized by the latter.

Luciano, although never meeting me in person, happened to see my visage in one of these movies and emailed me to ask if indeed it was I he recognized.
Reluctantly and without choice, I was forced to confess.
Thus we began emailing again.
I directed him to my Blog, and the following ensued:



Geisha,
The Blog is brilliant! The breezy style of writing is laced with such a fun intellect. It's a book.
I read quickly and this much more than a blog.

That's what makes it so wonderful! Life comes at us in so very many different directions, anyone living in the modern age should be capable of following and embracing the non-linear narrative.

Re: Your trip to St. Bart's.
Is there any place on earth as sublime?
I rented a sail boat in St. Martin last spring and sailed around the area for a week with friends, of course the first place we set course for was St. Bart's where my long-suffering Unemployed Lawyer/First Mate decided to try to
Fly-fish off the deck of the boat at Midnight.
Ok he was drunk.
Only to fall over board chipping both front teeth.
Luckily my Employed Dentist Friend took Unemployed Lawyer Friend into his office on a Sunday so Unemployed Lawyer could go on his job interview on Monday.
Anchoring at the Mouth of the Harbor and floating to St. Bart's pulse is highly recommended.

Told Luciano I thought the story was hilarious and asked if I could Blog it.
He agreed but wanted an edited and updated version:

Geisha,
Working my way through the entire Blog now, taking sips of it in between shooting.
They are Tall Models---please don't hate me! The clients make me use them.
After reading more last night it became even more clear that speed reading your Blog was just not going to cut it.
In fact, speed reading it would be like going to the Louvre and being one of those people who go straight to the Mona Lisa and then the gift shop, never really absorbing the details of the experience, and the fact that there was some pretty passable art in the other rooms that might be of interest and enjoyment.
So I will sip, swirl, taste, enjoy.
Thanks so much for inviting me in.

YOU!! You're good!!!----De Niro
Luciano

I await Luciano’s edited version.

The blog is already this wonderful episodic narrative, which floats to and fro in time.
Somehow reminds me of the style of Rita Mae Brown of Ruby Fruit Jungle fame.
It can be a book in its present form. But perhaps it's the REAL Sex in the City, but half hour, HBO, weekly type thing, with each of your entries easily being the entire episode.

(My thought: ‘Sex UNDER the City.’) (Wink.)

The question obviously, how to get it in front of people who will actually develop it, without it being ripped off.
So if it were to be a half-hour, who would you envision as you?

(My thought: Me.)
(For goodness sakes! I went to Juilliard! And who could be Me better than Me?)
(Actually. Probably it would be nice to be portrayed by Angelina Jolie. Wouldn’t I be thought of gorgeous then!)?

I want to forward the link to the blog to some other people who might be able to help.
The insights presented along with the stark honesty, humor and love.
I think that's what comes through the most: this loving, sympathetic and witty character,
‘the brain in the g-string’
Damn Persephone, Geisha or whatever the hell your name is this week! This thing has got to be done.
Of course being the visual artist I am, I can visualize it all...especially wonderful descriptions of the lights of the city fading into the dawn. What a wonderful time of day.

So who the hell is Luciano??? Why is he interested???
Mostly...I love a good story.
Love to tell them and especially love to hear them.
Love to listen, and "I like to watch": ‘Chance the Gardener...Being There’
But really...to See, I have to Watch...everything...but when I listen I understand far better.

Edited version:

Re: St. Bart's.
Is there any place on earth as sublime?
I rented a sail boat in St. Martin last spring and sailed around the area for a week
with friends.
Of course the first place we set course for was St. Bart's,
where my long-suffering Unemployed Lawyer/First Mate decided to try to fly-fish off the deck of the boat at midnight.
Ok he was drunk.
OK we were all drunk.
Only to fall over board chipping both front teeth, holding onto his ‘Orvis Fly-Rod’,
leaving an indelible imprint of his upper bite on the hull of the boat.
Luckily, my Employed Dentist Friend took Unemployed Lawyer Friend into his office on a Sunday so Unemployed Lawyer Friend could go on his job interview the following Monday.

Anchoring at the mouth of the harbor and floating to St. Bart's pulse is highly recommended.
But it is recommended that you are certain of your anchoring.
Lest you return on your dingy from a sumptuous dinner, where Unemployed Lawyer Friend decides to swipe the lovely teak box which contains the check (discovered from our dinner table 2 months after we returned from our trip) to find that your sailboat just might be drifting.
But,
One can always sit under the stars, drink more Rum and keenly observe Point Lights to monitor the certainty of the anchoring.
One problem is that if you do decide to do this, you might tend to become extremely intoxicated,
and decide that
Fly-fishing at midnight is a really good idea.


I have a few of my own stories from ‘Holiday’ but will write them on Sunday and Monday.

I like both his versions.
I like his ideas.
I like the artistic support.
I especially like knowing his identity although we’ve never met.
But we will.
And I am not afraid,
For even though I am not a tall model,
I have faith in my brain and its demeanor in a g-string.

P.S. This Blog has now been (finally) Offically copyrighted with the Writer's Guild

Thanks for the suggestion J!




3 Comments:

At 11:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excuse the slight, of course you would play yourself. Angelina?? You would be a much better choice. How strange that you don't find yourself as desirable as her.
Luciano

 
At 1:42 PM, Blogger paymaster said...

Hi Persephone N. Hades,

As a result of reading your blog "Luciano's St.Bart's", I think you will discover my site on Highest Wages In All States will be a great help.

To illustrate our diverse range of wages information, here are some of the latest search terms that located our site ...

Civil Engineers Wages
Media Wages
Builders Wages
Accountantsl Wages
Social Services Wages
Computer Programmer Wages
Construction Wages.

We have over 200 "have to read" career and wages articles in addition to many other interesting subjects in our Wages For All Occupations site.

Best Regards
Emily

 
At 7:26 PM, Blogger paymaster said...

Hello Persephone N. Hades,

After reading your blog "Luciano's St.Bart's", I believe you will find the wages information on my site about Jobs With Best Wages to be very helpful.

To give you an idea of our wide range, some of the recent searches that found our site included ...

Teachers Wages
Farmers Wages
Chefs Wages
Surgeons Wages
Nurses Wages
Mechanics Wages
Lawyers Wages
Management Wages.

We have hundreds of "must read" articles on wages and careers and many other topics in our Top Career Wages site.

Kind Regards
Emily

 

Post a Comment

<< Home