Horizontal Lives

True Tales of the Infamous Courtesan: Persephone N. Hades and her Horizontal Life underground. How she got there, her mis-adventures and her struggle to re-surface.

Friday, December 31, 2004

New Year's Wishes


I have a client, although I have never met him in person, I am aware he is truly a remarkable spirit. He found my website, called me and left a message so long it used up the entire tape.

He was an ordinary man, living an ordinary life until a car accident changed everything. Now he is and has been for quite some time, severely disabled.

We chat on the phone. He lives far away. He cannot afford to see me.

I know the details of his life's story now via email and phone. The loss of his father at a young age. The illness of his sister. His own battles with mobility.

Throughout the years of our communication, I have offered to see him gratis, but this has not yet occured.

He sends small gifts, tokens of his affection. Night lights. Stockings. A book. I plead with him not to, but he won't be disuaded.

He sent me this New Year's wish. I couldn't have said it better and so, using the words he gave me, I wish them to you:

Dear Geisha,
I thought this put into words my thoughts for you !!


Today...I wish you a day of ordinary miracles-

A fresh pot of coffee (or a cup of hot chocolate) you didn't have to make yourself.

An unexpected phone call from an old friend.


Green stoplights on your way to work or shop.


I wish you a day of little things to rejoice in...

The fastest line at the grocery store.

A good sing along song on the radio.

Your keys right where you look.

I wish you a day of happiness and perfection-little bite-size pieces.

Perfection that gives you the funny feeling that the Lord is smiling on you, holding you so gently because you are someone special and rare.

I wish You a day of Peace, Happiness and Joy.

They say it takes a minute to find a special person, an hour to appreciate them,
a day to love them, but then an entire life to forget them.


Wishing you the very best for 2005 and.... a healthy New Year!


Warmest Wishes !!!
B


Could it have been said any better?

Happy New Year!

Thank you for reading.

xx Persephone

4 Comments:

At 8:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's another, from Bob Dylan and me

" .. may your hands always be busy,
may your feet always be swift,
may you have a strong foundation
when the winds of changes shift.
May your heart always be joyful,
may your song always be sung,
and may you stay
forever young. "

Happy New Year,
Winston Smith

 
At 11:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Winston, thank you!
P

 
At 5:31 PM, Blogger caramel-frappuccno said...

Super blog. I web surf when I have the time for
blogs like this one.Your site was nice and will be
visited again!
Everyday of the month you need to peep my online cash advance blog.

 
At 1:27 AM, Blogger answer-man said...

ps I'm having a little trouble sending comments so if I do it twice please excuse me and I apologize.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home